Linking up with Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month Challenge.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Linking up with Marionberry Style's Trend of the Month Challenge.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
(Picture thanks to our Student Bar Association)
Though I'll warn you that infant costumes 1) make for super unattractive head-squishing pictures and 2) require a little creativity in the "no wardrobe malfunctons" department, they're cheaper and it gives you some hilarious options. Also, no one else was wearing my costume, which probably had more to do with the fact that you just can't make Yoda slutty.
Best Costumes of the Night
(Awards which are completely made up and the points don't matter)
- Darkwing Duck. Not gonna lie, next time I'm in a costume crunch, this is happening.
- Dexter and a victim. And by victim, I mean a girl wearing Spanx and saran wrap and nothing else. That's called taking one for the team. And taking forever in the bathroom.
- Fairytales Anonymous (a.k.a. classic characters with serious daddy issues, a.k.a. my friends): Robin Hoodrat, Puddles the rabid dalmatian, Snow White with a drinking problem, Alice in Wonderland with a gambling problem, Tinkerbell with a... glitter... problem, and my personal favorite, Pimpkey Mouse.
(Thanks again, SBA!)
Two great warriors (Hercules and Yoda). Also a lobster.
Sunday, October 28, 2012
I have yet to find a costume that will fit Indy and doesn't cost a million trillion fofillion dollars, but here he is doing his best billygoat impression. One night during finals last year I looked up from the couch and saw him climbing up on the table. What I wouldn't give to know what goes through that dog's mind...
Saturday, October 27, 2012
In our first ever couples' costume, Boyfriend and I were God's Gift to Women and a delivery elf the next night. Not sure how we're ever gonna top that one.
As you read this, I'm recovering from night one of Halloweekend 2012 and pumping up for night two. Three fun facts about this year's costumes, to be revealed in all their glory on Monday:
1. They're my first ever store-bought costumes. Half bummed about this, half excited.
2. One of them is infant-sized, which is either a new high or a new low. In my defense, it's designed for the world's fattest infant.
3. They involve mythical creatures, the Empire, and political jabs.
Friday, October 26, 2012
Not squealing and bouncing up and down or anything.
(You guys I'm so lying. Sosososo lying.)
Be sure to check out the other blogs featured this week! I'm dying over this insanely cool feathery-furry top, these crazymazing pumpkins (and her header image! So flipping cool), and these tips on how to wear your pjs in public - where have you been all my life?!
Puttin’ in Work
- Camo Meets Couture: Wardrobe Diaries: Fine Feathered Threads
- Coolsario: Backstage of a Fashion Show
- Delphina Luxe: Le Mercredi des Bijoux: BeadFeast Love
- DNA Stylix: Honeycomb Influence
- Fashion is Evolution: What I Wore Today (Pajama Game)
- Kelly Dillon: All Black
- La Chic Couture: 4 Ways to Style A Faux-Leather Pleated Skirt
- Lifestyle Flash: Investment Piece Wishlist
- Mairead Lee: Peroni Moda Awards (Part 1)
- Morbid Glamour: Diastema, The Famous “Gap Teeth”
- On a Brick Lane: Hippie Love
- Purushu: Celeb-Inspired Styling Shoot
- Rock My Heels: Outfit Ideas: Green Skinny Jeans & Chanel-Inspired Jacket
- Sam Ipsa Loquitur: Suitcase Remix
- Style Tab: DIY Pretty Painted Pumpkins
- Sugar & Spice: 5 Pieces to Update Your Work Wardrobe for AW12
- Tha Darlinh: 10 Great Blogs on the Rise
- The Closet Coach: How to Dress for Casual Fridays
- Travelling Fashion: Fisherman’s Sweater 4 Ways
- Wish Upon a Smile: My Bo-Peeps: Cruella de Vil, Jafar & The Mad Hatter Halloween Outfit Ideas
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Believe me - I know indoor pictures aren't sexy. I get it. But I don't have to make it worse by leaving all my crap out on the floor and forgetting to wash the dog slobber off the mirror. I solemnly swear that this is the last time you'll ever see my unmade bed :) Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Casual aside: an ex told me he was going to buy me cat bells to wear once. He was a douche.
If patience were my virtue, I'd have waited to wear this outfit until the ivory polka strand necklace I ordered from the BaubleBar x Atlantic-Pacific collaboration gets here... but I'm not patient, and I didn't wait, and it looks like I'm just going to have to wear the whole thing over again. Such are the trials and tribulations and crippling hardships of my life.
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Alternate title: "The Nine Outfits Hiding In My Vegas Suitcase That I Actually Would Have Worn Had I Realized That They Existed At That Time"
I had several "I have nothing to wear" moments while I was in Vegas, and though they all solved themselves, once I got home I decided to prove to myself that I actually had more outfits than I could possibly have worn. (I also decided to prove that I could do absolutely nothing for an entire week besides wear pjs and catch up on TV shows, hence the messy bun and glaringly obvious lack of makeup/shower - I realize that once I'm a big kid this will be called "being a hobo" instead of "being on fall break".)
This is a lightbulb moment for me - I could go literally on vacation three times over on the same suitcase. I don't have any vacations planned, but there is a month with 30 days right around the corner that would be ohsoperfect for a certain 30x30 challenge. Wink wink nudge nudge.
Also, this picture is so much more epic in the wake of our boy Flav getting arrested Wednesday morning - epic in the sense that we were among the last to see him before he gave the world the greatest mugshot in the history of time, absolutely not epic in the sense that his arrest involved assault with a deadly weapon and his girlfriend.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
These are my first legitimate pair of honest-to-God, no peep-toe in sight, cut-you-off-at-the-cankle booties, and I am so smitten it's a little gross. I cradled them like babies when they showed up in the mail and they haven't even darkened the doorway of the closet because I refuse to put them where I can't see them.
Linking up on IFB today! :)
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Friday, October 5, 2012
Thursday, October 4, 2012
Note to self: don't wear green blazers around Boyfriend. He'll try to steal it and then present it to you like a winner's ceremony.
Since yesterday was the first day all week without rain in the forecast, I busted out my PLV pumps again. I scoured my Pinterest boards for non-Richard Simmons inspiration and found this Christian Siriano runway look and this one from J (the woman, the myth, the legend) at J's Everyday Fashion. Richie, you've been replaced.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
Two in a row, man. Three more and I'll be the Tony Romo of blogging.
Monday, October 1, 2012
Copyright © 2013 Sam ipsa Loquitur | All Rights Reserved | Blog Design by Sam ipsa Loquitur
DISCLOSURE: I sometimes use affiliate links and may earn a commission from your clicks. Thank you so much for your support!All opinions are my own. Seriously, just ask my mom.